Tuesday, December 30, 2014
PREPARE FOR INDEFINITE POSTAL STRIKE FROM 2015 MAY 6TH.
GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS DO NOT WANT SEPEREATE GDS COMMITTEE
SEPERATE COMMITTEE (WHETHER JUDICIAL OR BUREAUCRATIC)
IS A WASTE AND FARCE.
Ø 2.76 lakhsGDS do not want a separate GDS Committee.
Ø 2.76 lakhs GDS want inclusion of GDS in the 7th CPC.
Ø NFPE & AIPEU-GDS(NFPE) demanding inclusion of GDS in 7th CPC.
Ø FNPO & NUGDS demanding inclusion of GDS in 7th CPC.
Ø Confederation of Central Govt. Employees & Workers demanding inclusion of GDS in 7th CPC.
Ø JCM National Council (staff side) organisations including Railway & Defense Federations demanding inclusion of GDS in 7th CPC.
BUT RECOGNISED GDS UNION OF SHRI.MAHADEVAIAH IS DEMANDING SEPARTE COMMITTEE FOR GDS
* Hon’ble Supreme Court stated that GDS are Civil Servants and they are Central Govt. Employees.
* Justice Singhal, Chairman 4th PC stated GDS are Civil Servants and they are Central Govt. Employees.
* Justice Charanjit Jalwar stated that GDS are Civil Servants and they are Central Govt. Employees.
* Talwar Committee recommended to the Govt. that GDS should be included in Pay Commission and no separate committee should be appointed in future.
* Govt. appointed 7th Pay Commission for Central Govt. Employees.
* NFPE & AIPEU-GDS (NFPE) says GDS are part of Central Govt. Employees and they should be included in 7th CPC itself.
* Confederation of Central Govt. Employees & Workers says that GDS are part of Central Govt. Employees and they should be incuded in 7th CPC itself.
* JCM National Council (staff side) orgisastions including Railway & Defence Federations says GDS are part of Central Govt. Employees and they should be included in 7th CPC itself.
* BUT RECOGNISED GDS UNION OF SHRI. MAHADEVAIAH ACCEPTED THE GOVT. STAND THAT GDS ARE NOT PART OF CENTRAL GOVT. EMPLOYEES AND HENCE HE IS DEMANDING SEPERATE COMMITTEE FOR GDS. HE DON’T WANT GDS TO BE INCLUDED IN 7TH CPC. HIS MAIN DEMAND IN THE CHARTER OF DEMANDS IS SEPERATE COMMITTEE FOR GDS .
* NFPE & AIPEU-GDS (NFPE) declared joint indefinite strike under the banner of JCA from 2015 May 6th for inclusion of GDS in 7th CPC.
* FNPO & NUGDS also declared joint indefinite strike under the banner of JCA from 2015 May 6th for inclusion of GDS in 7th CPC.
& Confederation, Railways & Defence Federations organised joint National Convention of entire JCM staff side orgnisations and decided to organise massive Parliament March in April 2015 to declare indefinite strike of entire Central Govt. Employees. Inclusion of GDS in 7th CPC is included in the charter of demands as number one demand.
RECOGNISED GDS UNION OF SHRI MAHADEVAIAH DON’T WANT JOINT STRIKE OF GDS & REGULAR EMPLOYEES. HE ALWAYS DECLARES FRAGMENTED STRIKE TO TORPEDO THE UNITY OF GDS AND REGULR EMPLOYEES. HE IS DESPERATELY TRYING TO RETAIN HIS CONTROL OVER GDS. HE HAS WRITTEN TO THE GOVT. NOT TO ALLOW NFPE & FNPO TO DISCUSS GDS ISSUES. GOVT. ALSO WANTS TO DIVIDE GDS AND REGULAR EMPLOYEES SO THAT THEY CAN EASILY DENY THE LEGITIMATE DEMANDS OF THE GDS INCLUDING CIVIL SERVANT STATUS AND ALL BENEFITS OF REGULAR EMPLOYEES.
LET US ORGANISE JOINT INDEFINITE STRIKE OF FIVE LAKHS GDS & REGULAR EMPLOYEES FROM 2015 MAY 6TH UNDER THE BANNER OF POSTAL JOINT COUNCIL OF ACTION (NFPE, FNPO, AIPEU-GDS (NFPE) & NUGDS) DEMANDING INCLUSION OF GDS IN 7TH CPC & GRANT OF ALL BENEFITS OF REGULAR EMPLOYEES TO GDS ALSO.
RECOGNISED GDS UNION OF MAHADEVAIAH IS AGAINST FILING CASE IN SUPREME COURT for grant of Civil Servant status and all benefits of regular employees to GDS. NFPE & AIPEU-GDS (NFPE) has filed a Writ Petition in Supreme Court and after the preliminary hearing Supreme Court transferred the case to Delhi High Court. The next hearing of the case in Delhi High Court is on 4th February, 2015.
But Shri. Mahadevaiah had filed a case in the Karnataka High Court for his own benefit requesting to grant Foreign Service benefits to him. (Writ Petition No.24106/2005 (S.CAT).
When he has filed Writ Petition in High Court for his own benefit it is perfectly alright, but when NFPE & AIPEU-GDS (NFPE) filed case in Supreme Court for the benefit of 2.76 lakhs GDS he is ridiculing it and opposing it.
P.PANDURANGA RAO R.N.PARASHAR
General Secretry. Secretary General,
(NB: Shri.Mahadevaiah has published in December 2014 a circular in his website in which again he has used filthy and unparliamentary language against the NFPE leadership. He has called the leadership of NFPE as “Cowards” “impotent” and “liars”. NFPE & AIPEU-GDS (NFPE) don’t want to stoop to the level of Shri. Mahadevaiah by replying him using such indecent and low-level third-rate language in our writeups).
Posted bY: AIPEU-GDS(NFPE) Odisha Circle.
Monday, December 29, 2014
- PAYMENT OF SOCIAL SECURITY PENSIONS ARE INCLUDED IN THE WORK LOAD OF BPMs - AP CIRCLE
The payments of Social Security Pensions has been taken into the work load of the BPMs. The item has been taken up in RJCM meeting held with CPMG, AP Circle.
COPY of the Order :
DEPARTMENT OF POST - INDIA
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT GROUP
O/o CHIEF POST MASTER GENERAL - ANDHRA PRADESH CIRCLE
HYDERABAD - 500 001
The Postmaster General
Hyderabad / Vijayawada / Visakhapatnam / Kurnool Regions.
No.BD/RJCM/Misc/13-14 dated at Hyderabad - 1 the 01-12-2014
Sub:- Request for considering work load of Social Security Pensions into BPMs TRCA instead of incentive payments - regarding.
This is regarding taking work load of Social Security Pensions into BPMs TRCA instead of payment of incentive. In this regard, please find enclosed a copy of Directorate letter No.5-1/2007-WS-1(Pt) dated 16-12-2010 on the above subject for information and necessary action.
2. I am directed by the Competent Authority to reiterate the instructions as detailed below:
i. All the concerned should follow the Directorate instructions issued vide letter No.5-1/2007-WS-1(Pt) dated 16-12-2010 while calculating the work load of disbursement of old age pensions being disbursed by GDSBPMs through Savings Bank Accounts with immediate effect.
ii. Payment of incentive being paid to GDSBPMs @ 0-50ps per transaction may be stopped immediately in respect of old age pensions.
The circular may be brought to the notice of all concerned. Please acknowledge the receipt of the letter by next post.
Asst. Postmaster General (FS&BD)
O/o Chief Postmaster General
A.P Circle, Hyderabad - 500 001
Copy to : Union Cell, Circle Office for information and necessary action w.r.t item No.16-1/2014 of RJCM meeting.
Monday, December 22, 2014
- Successful migaration of Chandinichowk H O to CBS on 22.12.2014
First CBS Post Office of Cuttack City Division
Second CBS Head Post Office of Odisha Circle
Third CBS Post Office of Odisha Circle next to Bhubaneswar GPO and Raj Bhawan S O ( Bhubaneswar-751008)
Inauguration by Sri Tilak De, Chief Postmaster General, Odisha Circle in the presence of Sri A K Nayak, SSPOs, Cuttack City Division
A Special Cover released on the occasion
Sri S C Barik, SSPOs, Bhubaneswar Division, Sri S K Mohapatra, APMG(Vig), CO, Sri D K Samal, AD(FS), C O, Sri D P Nayak, ASP(Philately), C O, Sri Sarbeswar Mishra, SPOs, Cuttack North Division, Sri P K Patra, SPOs, Cuttack (South ) Division, all IPs/ASPOs of Cuttack City/North/South Division, Com. Bishnu Pr. Dash, Divisional Secretary, AIPEU, Gr.-C, Cuttack City Division and Com. B. Samal, Divisional Secretary, AIPEU, Gr-C, Bhubaneswar Division were present.
Friday, December 12, 2014
NATIONAL JOINT COUNCIL OF ACTION. OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES ORGANISATIONS PARICIPATING IN JCM.
CLICK HERE to view the Press statement & Declaration
|M.Raghavaiah GS NFIR
|A view of Delegates
|Galaxy of leaders on Dais
|AIPRPA leaders in the Convention
|Devendra Kumar FNPO
|Srikumar AIDEF GS
|M.Krishnan SG Confederation
|R.N.Parashar SG NFPE
|K.K.N.Kutty President Confederation
GDS COURT CASE – PRESENT POSITION
1. NFPE & AIPEU – GDS (NFPE) has filed a Writ Petition in the Supreme Court praying to (1) give direction to the Government to implement the 1977 Judgment of the Supreme Court to treat Gramin Dak Sevaks as Civil Servants and grant all benefits of regular employees (2) to give direction to the Government to include Gramin Dak Sewaks under the purview of 7th Central Pay Commission and (3) to quash the Gramin Dak Sewaks (Conduct and Engagement) Rules 2011. Senior Advocate Mr. Justice (Retired) M. R. Calla and Advocate Uday Gupta appeared in Supreme Court on behalf of NFPE & AIPEU – GDS (NFPE).
2. Hon’ble Supreme Court after hearing the argument in Writ Petition ordered to transfer the case to Delhi High Court for a decision after hearing the Government of India, Department of Posts. In the Delhi High Court the Writ Petition No. 168 of 2014 came up for hearing on 19.09.2014. The Department of Posts filed its counter affidavit. High Court adjourned the case to 04.02.2015 granting time for filing rejoinder reply statement.
3. In the counter affidavit filed by Department of Posts it is stated that three Writ Petitions filed by some Gramin Dak Sewaks (GDS) are pending in the Supreme Court. When we verified with the Supreme Court records it is learnt that all the three Writ Petitions filed by some GDS in the Supreme Court are listed for final hearing on 02.12.2014 (Writ Petition No. 17 of 2009, WP No. 468 of 2009 and WP No. 37 of 2011). Hence NFPE decided to implead in the above Writ Petitions pending in the Supreme Court and our Impleadment Petition I. A. No. 1 in WP (C) No. 17 of 2009 was also filed in the Supreme Court.
4. On 02.12.2014, the three Writ Petitions filed by some GDs came up for hearing. After hearing the Advocate who filed the three Writ Petitions on behalf of some GDS, the court passed the following orders on 02.12.2014.
“It is submitted by Mr. Mukesh K. Giri, Learned Counsel appearing for the Petitioners that Union of India has framed a set of rules called Department of Posts Multi-Tasking Staff Recruitment Rules 2010, by which the Department of Posts (Group ‘D’ Posts) Recruitment Rules 2002 has been superseded. He has drawn our attention that part of the Rules which states as follows:
“Gramin Dak Sewaks are holders of Civil Posts but they are outside the regular civil service due to which their appointment will be by direct recruitment”.
It is submitted by him (Advocate who filed the three Writ Petitions on behalf of some GDS) that in view of the aforesaid declaration under the Rules, the petitioners can agitate their other grievances before the Central Administrative Tribunal”.
5. After hearing the above submission of the Advocate who filed the three Writ Petitions on behalf of some GDS, the Supreme court adjourned the case to 09.12.2014 to hear the arguments of our Advocate in the Impleadment Petitions IA No. 1 filed by NFPE in WP (C) of 17 of 2009. On 09.12.2014, Mr. Justice (Retd.) M. R. Calla, Senior Advocate, Appeared and argued the case on behalf of NFPE. Our Advocate argued for a direction to the Government to grant Civil Servant status and all benefits of Civil Servants to the Gramin Dak Sewaks. The Advocate who filed the Writ Petition has submitted that GDS can agitate their other grievances before the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT). Finally the Supreme Court ordered that the grievances of the GDS who filed the three Writ Petition in Supreme court may be agitated before the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT). (Copy of the Hon’ble Supreme court order yet to be received.)
6. The Writ Petition Filed by NFPE & AIPEU-GDS (NFPE) will be heard by the Hon’ble Delhi High Court on 04.02.2015.
As already stated above, the Writ Petition filed by NFPE & AIPEU-GDS (NFPE) is now in the Delhi High Court. We have filed our rejoinder reply statement to the counter affidavit of the Government of India, Department of Posts. The case will come up for hearing on 4th February 2015.
7. The above detailed factual position is explained because daily many GDS from all circles are calling up over phone to know the correct position of the Court case. Case filed by NFPE & AIPEU-GDS (NFPE) will be heard in the Delhi High Court on 04.02.2015. The other three Writ Petitions came up for hearing on 02.12.2014 and 09.12.2014 is not filed by NFPE & AIPEU-GDS (NFPE).